So recently, at my high school, there was a big “scandal” with some very questionable pictures of some girls on a school trip. Where were these pictures found? None other than Facebook. I love Facebook as much as the next teenager, so I’m not going to preach that these kinds of sites are bad and you shouldn’t have an account. Facebook is a good tool, actually. I moved in middle school, and it’s really cool to be able to talk with the people from my old town, see what they’ve been up to, and see what they look like now. But there are certain ways to be smart about it.
- When posting pictures on Facebook, ask yourself if your grandmother saw it, would she like it.
- Same goes for posting on people’s walls.
- Keep your profile PRIVATE. Only friend people you KNOW.
- Watch what you send in Facebook messages. They may seem private, but they can be printed and showed to anyone.
- Don’t talk about someone badly to another friend. Even if the person you’re talking about doesn’t have a Facebook, someone else could show them.
- Don’t put any information like your phone number or address on Facebook. Things on the internet can be seen by more people than you think.
I really hope no one encounters bad drama because of Facebook. I’ve seen friendships ruined over it. Try to be safe with it, and it’s a great site!